Getting your mechanical contractor’s license does not have to be difficult! Our efficient and effective application system takes the guess work out of the licensing process. We take great pride in licensing our clients in record time!
Mechanical Contractor Experience Requirements
Education and On the Job Experience:
You must be able to prove one of the following options in order to submit your application to the DBPR.
- 4 year construction-related degree from an accredited college and 1 year experience on the job.
- 1 year experience as a foreman and not less than 3 years of credits from accredited college-level courses.
- 1 year as a worker, 1 year experience as a foreman, and 2 years of credits from accredited college-level courses.
- 2 years as a worker, 1 year as a foreman, and 1 year of credits from accredited college-level courses.
- 4 years as a worker or foreman of which at least one year must have been as a foreman.
Construction Related Experience:
You must provide experience in the following areas of construction in order to be eligible for this particular license.
- Systems in excess of 25 tons of cooling and 500,000 BTU heating capacity
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Equipment
Installation of 5 of the 9 areas:
- Boilers/ pressure vessel systems
- Gas, air, vacuum, oxygen, nitrous oxide, ink, and chemical line piping
- Piping and installation of gasoline tanks
- Condensate drain piping
- Piping for lift stations
- LP/Natural Gas piping (within buildings)
- Direct digital control and/or low voltage wiring
- Sheet Metal Ductwork
- Fabrication of Sheet Metal Ductwork