Getting your general contractor’s license does not have to be difficult! We have an efficient and effective system that takes the guess work out of the process. We take great pride in licensing our clients in record time!
General Contractor Experience Requirements
Education and On the Job Experience:
You must be able to prove one of the following options in order to submit your application to the DBPR.
- 4 year construction-related degree from an accredited college and 1 year experience on the job.
- 1 year experience as a foreman and not less than 3 years of credits from accredited college-level courses.
- 1 year as a worker, 1 year experience as a foreman, and 2 years of credits from accredited college-level courses.
- 2 years as a worker, 1 year as a foreman, and 1 year of credits from accredited college-level courses.
- 4 years as a worker or foreman of which at least one year must have been as a foreman.
Construction Related Experience:
You must provide experience in the following areas of construction in order to be eligible for this particular license.
- Foundation/Slabs greater than 20,000 sqft.
- Masonry walls
- Steel erection
- Column erection
- Formwork for structural reinforced concrete
- Elevated slabs
- Construction site that is 4 stories or higher