Getting your electrical contractor license does not have to be difficult! Our efficient and effective system takes the guess work out of the process. We take great pride in licensing our clients in record time!
A Florida electrical contractor means a contractor who has experience and knowledge to install, repair, alter, add to, or design electrical wiring, fixtures, appliances, apparatus, raceways, and conduit, including the electrical installations and systems within plants and substations and all alarm systems and specialty categories.
Electrical Contractor Experience Requirements
Your experience must be verifiable!
Education and On the Job Experience:
You must be able to prove one of the following options in order to submit your application to the DBPR.
- Must have three (3) years of management experience in the trade of electrical/alarm/specialty contracting within the last six (6) years immediately
preceding the filing of the application; or
- Must have four (4) years of experience as a foreman, supervisor or contractor in the trade within the last eight (8) years immediately preceding the filing of the application;
- Must have six (6) years of comprehensive training, technical education or supervisory experience associated with an electrical or alarm contracting business within the last
12 years immediately preceding the filing of the application; or must have at least six(6) years technical experience in electrical or alarm system work with the Armed
Forces or a governmental entity within the last 12 years immediately preceding the filing of the application; or have a combination of these qualifications totaling six (6)
years of experience; or
- Must be licensed as an electrical professional engineer for three (3) years within the last 12 years. Provide a copy of current electrical professional engineer license and
transcripts showing electrical engineering work; or
- Must have a combination of experience listed in 1-3 above totaling 6 years within the last 12 years
In addition, if you are applying for the following categories these specific experience requirements will apply:
EC – Certified Electrical Contractor – The required experience must include at least 40% of work that is in 3-phase services.
EF – Certified Alarm System Contractor I (All Alarm Systems) – The required experience must include at least 40% of work that is in fire alarm systems.
*Note: you may submit a copy of your NICET Level III or higher certifications in lieu of job lists for Alarm Contractor I.
EG – Certified Alarm System Contractor II (Excluding Fire) – The required experience must include at least 40% of work that is in alarm systems other than fire alarm systems. 4 years as a worker or foreman of which at least one year must have been as a foreman.
- Applicants are required to submit copies of W2’s to verify employment with the qualified business
- Applicant must provide details of 5 jobs/projects per year for each year of experience he/she is applying under. If there are less than 5 jobs for a given year provide an explanation of
this on that year’s job list.
- Applicant should focus on jobs that include the required type of experience such as 3 phase electrical systems, commercial fire alarms or alarms other than fire as required for the category
being applied for.
- 40% of work with 3 phase services for the unlimited
- Documented Positive Net Worth
- The business’ net worth should be at least $10,000 for Certified Electrical, Certified Alarm I and Certified Alarm II Contractors or $5,000 for Certified
- Good Personal and business credit.
Let our team help you get licensed today!