Application for Certification of Registered Electrical, Alarm or Specialty Contractor By Grandfathering
Do you hold a current Registered Electrical Contractor License? Now is the time to upgrade to a Certified Electrical Contractor! This only happens once every 6 years!! We are here to help you get that Certified License you’ve always wanted!
What are the requirements to upgrade your Registered Electrical Contractor’s License?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a valid Registered Electrical, Alarm or Specialty Contractor License.
- Have, for that category, passed a written, proctored examination that the board finds to be substantially similar to the examination required to be licensed as a certified contractor.
- Have at least 5 years of active state-registered experience as a contractor in that contracting category, at the time of application.
- Have not had your contractor’s license revoked at any time, had your contractor’s license suspended within the last 5 years, or been assessed a fine in excess of $500 within the last 5 years.
- Be in compliance with the insurance and financial responsibility requirements in Section 489.515(1)(b), Florida Statutes
Applications must be postmarked no later than November 1, 2021. Time is of the essence! Let us help you get this done properly on the first submission